5 most effective ways to shape winning Attitude
Understand your Attitude profile:
It is quite an important aspect to know about what type of attitude we carry. People have been classifying attitude as Positive attitude and Negative attitude. I am giving you another dimension to this, it is not always necessary that we have either of these two. Some time we are in between these two. One may have passive attitude and one may have enrolling attitude also.
Let us assume if attitude is a continuum, then perhaps we can have three more dimensions to add to it.
- Not willing to change for better
- Not ready to accept another perspective
- Not keen for self-development
- Only there to blame others
- Strong belief about ‘nothing will change’
- Absence of optimism for life’s good thing.
- Slow in adopting the change
- Resistive mostly for everything
- Self-development is last priority if forced
- Highly contended or portray as satisfied
- Not much bother about the change
- Fearful to try out new things
Selective Positive Attitude:
- Willing to change but within the comfort zone
- Present logic and debate or do reasoning before adopting the views
- Self-development is interesting provided if it is quickly benefiting
- Raises voice or demand better things if all others are doing so
- Seek support and assurance of own people
- Prefer to be in the group but will not lead it
- Shows readiness to change
- Accept other’s views with fair judgement
- Ready to invest time for self-development with a view to leverage for growth
- Support the larger cause and stay away from conflict and conflicting people
- Seek appreciation or admiration to boost self-morale
- Willing to take risk but with an assurance to be supported if fail
- Embrace the change and look forward to new challenge
- Consider and build consensus with others on differing views
- Self-development is the daily activity and without looking for any quick benefits
- Take initiative and dissolve the self-identity during a larger cause
- Do not bother about the appreciation or the outcome, just keep working
- Shows no fear of any sort, always ready to face new challenge.
5 Ways to shape up Winning Attitude:
Identify your Attitude Profile:
Decides which level you are on the Attitude Continuum.It is important to accept and acknowledge about our own self. Once you know your attitude profile, next is to prepare for the shift. Shift from your current attitude to the new level. Let us accept that human mind does not work like a switch off-on machine, it will develop over a period by repetitive actions and activities. Take one behavior at a time and change it. Behavior change is quite an easy task if done in the presence of a coach or mentor. They will guide you and assist you in your journey.
Expand Knowledge base:
Read books and Stories those are inspiring yet real. Reading books have been proven way to build the strong character of human being. Develop a habit of reading books and implement the learning in your day to day life. Track your progress and make your best friend or buddy as your third umpire, who will give you neutral feedback.
Cut the cord with People:
Delete or Unfriend those people who are negative or keep influencing you negatively. Remember to keep a healthy heart, doctor removes the blocked arteries. If you are surrounded by negative people it is advisable to shift the place or location may be.
People with higher self-belief grows faster. If you don’t believe in yourself, nobody will believe in you. To enhance Self-belief, start taking decisions, without worrying about the outcome. Soon you will develop confidence on your decision power and will gather the courage to the on bigger tasks.
Self-monitoring is the best way to change our behavior. In case if you fail to do monitoring take help of your friends, coach or mentor who will tell you where you are heading towards. If you stop monitoring, soon you will see your attitude has stagnated at level and you will not be able to move forward.
For More learning on #SoftSkill, Download #SkillGenie #App.